What is Hash and How to Smoke It?
They have called it Hashish; others call it Hash. In one form or another, Hash has been around since the discovery of cannabis’s benefits. The ancients used it in rituals, for escape, and medical benefits. What is Hash and How to Smoke It?
Hash is a cannabis concentrate suitable for smoking, vaping, or eating. You can make Hash easily at a low cost and create a stash with a good shelf life. If you want to join the bandwagon opting for potent cannabis extracts, it will help to know what Hash is and how to smoke it. What is Hash and How to Smoke It?
What is Hash?
Joints, blunts, and bongs use the dry flowers of the cannabis flower. Hash comes from the cannabinoid-rich trichomes of the cannabis plant. The Hash comes from crushing and pressing the trichomes into flour-like dust you can form into bricks or cakes. What is Hash and How to Smoke It?
Prepared without solvents, Hash does not carry toxic residue. Produced without the waste of cannabis woody fiber, Hash enhances the potency of the original strain. Whether you make it with little equipment or more, you will save money. What is Hash and How to Smoke It?
How is Hash made?
The easiest way to make Hash requires you to rub and squeeze the cannabis you handle. The resin will stick to your hands. When you scrape it off, you have the Kief that, once collected in quantity, you can press into cakes, balls, or bars. What is Hash and How to Smoke It?
To optimize your results, you should try making Ice Water (Bubble) Hash:
To make your Ice Water Hash, you will need some materials and tools:
- Ice Cubes
- Six bubble bags
- Food-grade plastic buckets
- One stainless steel or plastic spoon
- Parchment paper
You will also need a stock of cannabis trim or crumbled buds you know to have rich resin. If the material is dry, you must soak it in water until it is plump. Otherwise, you should put the cannabis in the refrigerator to cool near the freezing point. Freezing will damage the resin glands, so you must avoid overdoing it. What is Hash and How to Smoke It?
What is Hash and How to Smoke It?
You will arrange the six bubble bags according to their designated micron size: 220-190-160-120-73-45. The ice water will take apart the cannabis, and the bubble bags will screen the matter to the smallest components. What is Hash and How to Smoke It?
You place the bubble bags inside each other from the largest micron openings to the smallest. Then, placing these bags in a plastic bucket, you add water, ice, and a thermometer. Once you add the cannabis material, you stir the contents repeatedly as the cannabis filters through the series of bags. What is Hash and How to Smoke It?
The trichomes will break off the cannabis material and sift through the sequential bubble bags. Each bag collects some cannabis, usable in many ways. However, with enough agitation and ice, the finest material will settle below the 25-micron bag. That thin mesh also filters out the larger debris. What is Hash and How to Smoke It?
Finally, you scrape the product left below the finest mesh onto a piece of parchment paper. You can shape it into balls, bars, or cakes.
Consumers hoping to produce large quantities have invested in machines that keep the water cold and do the stirring for you.
How do you smoke Hash?
Cannabis veterans use Hash in several ways. They break the bars or cakes into smaller pieces or a powder for making edibles. But smoking Hash remains the most popular option.
For starters, you must choose a strain loaded with terpenes. Here are five favorites:
- The White (The Triangle)
- Strain: Indica-dominant Hybrid (85% Indica / 15% Sativa) with 20% to 28% THC
- Genetics: Propietary secret
- Reputation: The same trichomes that produce the pine flavor and aroma in The White treat stress and pain in deep sedation following a swift euphoria and case of giggles and munchies. What is Hash and How to Smoke It?
- Strain: Indica-dominant Hybrid (75% Indica / 25% Sativa) with 19% to 24% THC
- Genetics: Possible blend of Chemdawg, Lemon Thai, and Hindu Kush
- Reputation: People with anxiety, bipolar disorder, or depression value the OG Kush experience. The potent THC content hits hard with a euphoric lift before leaving users couch-locked. What is Hash and How to Smoke It?
- Strain: Indica-dominant Hybrid (60% Indica / 40% Sativa) with 22% to 24% THC
- Genetics: Sour Dubb X Chem’s Sister X Chocolate Diesel
- Reputation: Royal Gorilla produces nugs with dense, pungent trichomes with a heavy THC content that hits early, hard, and long to treat depression, fatigue, and pain.
- Strain: Balanced Hybrid (50% Sativa / 50% Indica) with 50% THC
- Genetics: Skunk X Northern Lights X Shiva X Afghani Landrace
- Reputation: This potent strain triggers an electric and energetic euphoria pushing to paranoia. Ice has treated anxiety, chronic pain, and sleep disorders. What is Hash and How to Smoke It?
- Strain: Indica-dominant Hybrid (85% Indica / 15% Sativa) with 20% to 24% THC
- Genetics: Pink Panties X Sunset Sherbet
- Reputation: Sherbet Queen tastes and smells sweet and citrusy before it produces a potent and pleasant brain and body experience for anxiety, stress, and depression. What is Hash and How to Smoke It?
Cannabis strains with high THC potency produce the best Hash results. The Hash process purifies the cannabis by removing everything but the essential oils. To smoke it, you only break it up and put it into a pipe bowl. It will burn longer than the original flower, so you do not want to waste it by overloading the bowl.
You can also add Hash to the dried herb in your Joint or Spliff. It will increase the Joint’s potency. The Hash must be dry because damp and sticky Hash will mess up the content and rolling paper.
Hash is a concentrate. You can use it like other concentrates, for instance, in a Dab Rig. You just apply it to the heated Nail, but you should clean the Nail afterward because the debris in the Hash may stick and burn. What is Hash and How to Smoke It?
Vaporizers also process Hash into a clear and clean high without the toxins associated with smoking joints. Moist Hash may foul up the filters in some vaporizers, so you should only use the dry product. What is Hash and How to Smoke It?
Hash can energize your edibles. You can inhale the smoke from Hash heated on any surface or in any device. However, it would help if you started with a high potency strain, process the Hash simply, and enjoy the experience. What is Hash and How to Smoke It?